- Write a "I like this about you" or "I appreciate you" not to someone via email, text or letter. This could be for anyone.
- Talk to one stranger a day. I find that this is already a habit I posses, this now just gives me an excuse to do it! (ha,ha)
- Take one picture a day. I am seriously lacking this. I used to use my camera on my phone daily, but since I don't have a phone, Am I Excused?
- Re-evaluate one long held belief each day. This is very important. I think this should be tried.
- Take a thirty minute walk a day. It is great exercise and gives you time to think!
- Take a moment each day to practice self-compassion and love. Exactly what it says.
- Try a new recipe each day.
- Refrain from alcohol or drugs. Yall all weed and DEFINITELY SMOKERS, GOD YOU KILL ME LITERALLY!
- Write a fifty thousand word novel in thirty days.
- Learn how to draw a human face. I still can't do it, but I try to every other day.
- Watch a documentary each day.
- Read a chapter each day. This can be of any day of any book.
- Study a topic you would like to master.
- Walk/Run/Drive a new route to work or school.
- Read a new article on any website you would like to.
- Media fast for thirty days meaning to not get on facebook, twitter, myspace, or instagram for thirty days.
- Pick a bad habit of yours and ditch it for thirty days. Shouldn't be hard right?
- Inspire yourself each day. This leads to creativity guys, remember, writing is key to knowledge and identity.
- Take a cold shower each day. I was told this was bad for your body, but eh, who wants to take the chance?
- Think of a accomplishment you would want to achieve each year for thirty years.
- Practice a random skill each day. This is very fun!!!!!
- Take the stairs every chance you get. I kinda cheat on this one because I sometimes get tired and don't want to walk up those stairs. Ugh!
- Wake up early everyday. You'll definitely get to school early. Ha!
- Keep a journal. It is beneficial. Read some of my journal entries, you would know. But it really is helpful and it helps you to remember things throughout the year.
- Don't lie for thirty days. This is really a hard one but I did it, so why can't you?
- Combine some of these challenges together. I think this one on this list was just a freebie, it doesn't really give you a good thing to do. So here is one I suggest, look at yourself in the mirror each day and say something good about what you see.
- Do something that scares you every day. Who would want to do that?
- Don't complain for an entire day. To all those ratchet people, this is for you!
- Meditate each day. This is very good, doing yoga and playing a sport is very good for you physical health. I think I might do badminton.
- And the final one is to do a selfless act for a stranger or anyone. Be nice, help that person for a day, do something to show them you care. Just try it.
Thursday, February 20, 2014
30 Challenges to Help You Start New Good Habits
So over the weekend, I was using the app StumbleUpon to find some self-improving stuff and I came across this list of good habits. They give you thirty challenges and you choose like three or five of them and you try them for a month. I thought it was a good idea to try it, so I am going to list the thirty challenges and maybe you'll want to try it yourself! Here is the list:
Well that is it for today, but I hope to hear good things. Hasta La Vista.